Cultural organisations based in the Netherlands can apply for an International Visitors Programme every six months via Nieuwe Instituut’s Open Call. This scheme enables a visit to the Netherlands for international professionals who are invited by an organisation based in the Netherlands. The maximum grant of €2,500 is intended for a multi-day visitor programme that you can put together for one or more international guests who are important for both the applicant organisation and the Dutch professional field.
The multi-day visit stimulates international exchange and acquaintance to the Dutch (multidisciplinary) design sector in a broad sense (architecture, urban planning, design, fashion, digital culture and gaming). It is for international professionals (designers, curators, directors, theorists, policy officers and journalists.) from the disciplines of architecture, design, fashion and digital culture.
All open calls can be found on the website of Nieuwe Instituut.
Cultural organisations based in the Netherlands. Educational organisations are eligible for a grant if the visit benefits a specific activity that demonstrably falls outside the regular activities and is accessible to the public. Foreign organisations and embassies cannot apply via the open call.
- You can submit one application per round for a maximum amount of €2,500 excluding VAT per applicant per year. The amount is paid to the applicant based on the justification of costs incurred.
- The grant is intended to cover travel, accommodation and programme costs for a multi-day visit by one or more professionals established outside the Netherlands.
- A visitors programme is understood to mean visits by one or more non-Dutch professionals to a specific event or activity, the design sector, relevant government organisations and other related cultural institutions within the disciplines of architecture, design, digital culture and fashion.
- In the selection, priority is given to applications aimed at visitors from Belgium/Flanders, Brazil, China, Germany, France, Indonesia, Italy, Japan, Suriname, Turkey, United States, United Kingdom, South Africa and South Korea.
- You must ensure an appropriate fee for each guest.
- You can demonstrate that the visit is of added value for the guest and your organisation (and audience), and what the guest experiences on the visitor programme.
- The visit must meet at least one of the Open Call’s criteria.